Eric, Brady, and I got back last night from a trip to Wilmington for Wes and Ashley's wedding. We drove in Wednesday night and shared a house with Tyler, Bobby, Marcus, and Preston. They were great sports about sharing a house with a baby (and a girl). The weekend was spent playing Kan Jam, a new outdoor game that is all the rage. It involves two frisbees and two plastic "cans" that serve as the goals. One person throws a frisbee towards the can and his partner located 50 feet away. The partner scores points by 1) deflecting the frisbee into the can (3 points) 2) hitting the can in the air with the frisbee (2 points) or 3) deflecting the frisbee to hit the side of the can (1 point). This is how I envision the game's conception: two college guys are hanging out outside their fraternity house, tossing a frisbee around. One accidentally knocks the frisbee into a stray trash can. Game created. Enter the nerdy math major who watches the guys enviously from across the quad, goes all Mark Zuckerberg on them, and is now charging $40 for two plastic cans that cost $3.50 to manufacture.
Eric and I were Kan Jam rookies, so we felt good about ourselves after winning the first game we played on Thursday. Unfortunately, our team dynamic suffered a hit as the next games had very different outcomes. At one point, Eric chastised me for a less than ideal throw, and I commented that perhaps some positive reinforcement on a good play might go a long way. His response, "I expect excellence." Oh jeez. Brady, I apologize in advance for your father. A partner change seemed to be a good solution to my losing streak. Bobby and I were losing 3-0 in a 7 game series and made the biggest comeback in Kan Jam history winning game 7 21-20. Eric may or may not have been on the losing team.

We took the game from the backyard to the beach. Brady needs to improve on his disc throwing before he's allowed to Kam Jam, but thanks to his dad, he did take a dip in the ocean.
Brady spent some quality time with his grandparents who were kind enough drive down to babysit while we had a few free nights out. The wedding was a beautiful outdoor affair. Storms all day threatened to spoil the day, but the sky was clear and beautiful when Ashley walked down the aisle. The band that played was incredible. They performed at the Obama Inauguration and anytime a band has back up dancers, you know they're the real deal. Ashley and Wes - congratulations, have fun in Cabo, and thanks for an amazing weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment