Saturday, January 21, 2012

Letters to Brady: 8 months

Dear Brady,

Well, you made it to 2012!  What a difference a year makes.  Last year at this time, I was about 25 weeks pregnant and according to the internet, which likes to compare fetus sizes to various fruits and vegetables, you were the size of a rutabaga.  Looking at you now, it is hard to imagine you as a little rutabaga.  Mostly because I have no idea what a rutabaga is.  I didn't so much mind being pregnant, but I much prefer you outside of the womb.  As I type this, you're sleeping peacefully on my chest.  You're pretty good about sleeping in your crib at naptime, but I love that you will still nap on me and I like to take advantage of that.  Nap time might be my favorite part of the day.  Yes, partially because I can do my own thing, but mostly, because I love to watch and listen to you sleep.  And when we nap together, that is the best (although you always wake up before I'm ready to).  I know I probably won't get such a luxury with your brother or sister, so I'm soaking up these moments now.
I still have to pinch myself every once and a while to make sure it's all real.  To make sure you're real (I don't pinch you though).  Alright sometimes you pinch me. And bite me.  So while its not rainbows and lollipops all the time, life with you is good.  Better than good.  Sometimes you test me, but I know it's not on purpose...yet.  Two mornings ago, you woke up at 5 am.  This, unfortunately, is normal lately, but you'll usually go back to sleep after a quick snack.  This particular morning you did not, and you weren't content to hang out in the bed and lie peacefully, like you sometime do.  The next night, your dad got home after 3 am after a trip on the road.  He set his alarm for 7:30, although thanks to you, alarms are rarely needed.  The alarm did wake us, though.  I listened for you and could hear you playing happily in your crib.  I have no idea how long you were awake, but I so appreciated you throwing us a bone and letting us sleep.  Thanks also for hardly ever doing that...sleeping in all the time would be terrible and I would really hate that.


Brady, you have such a good personality and while it seems funny to say that about a baby, it's true.  Your dad and I, although we occasionally laugh at you, find ourselves laughing with you more often.  Your laughter warms my soul.  I think it is physically impossible to be mad and listen to your laughter at the same time.  I think your dad has used that to his advantage on a few occasions.  Please do not try that when you get older.


Thank you for another great month.  I love you.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment