Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Letters to Jackson: 9 months

Jackson,

Since I've put a lot of focus on your unruly nighttime habits, I'd like to switch gears and talk about you during the day...you are wonderful in so many ways!  You are certainly your own person who knows what he wants (and will let it be known).  You like food, but prefer the grown-up kind.  You like to feed yourself, so its up to me to find non-baby food for my toothless baby to eat.  Blueberries, bananas, strawberries, broccoli, potatoes, and waffles are some favorites.  You loved the lasagna I let you try last week (one of several things I would never think to give your brother at this age).  I think you have a sense that baby food is for babies and while you're only 9 months old, I wouldn't dare try to explain that to you.

Speaking of trying to be older...although you can't do it yet, walking is in your near future.  You love to pull up to standing and you're much steadier on your feet these days. You love to explore and get into things, but I don't mind, because you're a happier baby now that you've got some freedom (to destroy).


You are one tough cookie and have taken more falls than I care to admit.  Your brother likes to play "football" with you, except there is no ball and from my vantage point, the game simply consists of him tackling you and you taking it.  Usually you're laughing though, and if you're not laughing, you're at least not crying...which is generally my threshold for not stopping any activity that is occupying you both.

I never imagined having two boys would be this fun.  It's a new adventure every day and you and your brother reaffirm to me daily that staying home with you crazy kids was the best decision I could have ever made.



 
I love you more than sleep, which is why you're still with us.
 
Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment