Brady makes us laugh daily with what he says, sometimes intentionally but mostly by accident. While I couldn't hope to remember half of the funny stuff he says or does, here a few things I'd like to remember from the 2's.
Brady loves basketball and everything that surrounds it. He can sing the Star Spangled Banner better than many adults and unfortunately, he also loves the UNC fight song, aka "Tar Heel song." Its fine if you hear it a few times a day. But there are some days he sings it ALL. DAY. LONG.
He loves to reenact the starting lineups. He runs out of the "tunnel" (the kitchen) from the "locker room" (the dining room) to the court (the playroom). You'll often hear him yell, "At guard! From Chapel Hill! Brady William Hoots!" Of course, he also likes other people to introduce him and likes to warm up to the song the players use before starting the jump ball. And he's serious about his warm up.
Like many kids, clothes are a big thing. Brady has a bit of a sock obsession, which I think is an odd off-shoot of his dad's shoe fetish. He loves "high socks" and wants to wear them all the time. I put some on him the other day and he insisted they weren't high enough, so he had to change. I think he'd prefer they cover his entire leg...which might be why he puts on Eric's. He loves wearing his basketball jersey and shorts, but we've found if we let him wear it every night, he doesn't ask to wear it during the day. So anyone looking to give Brady clothes for his birthday...lots of high socks, but don't bother with the PJ's.
I'll end with a story. A few weeks back, Brady's friend, Chloe, was over and we were playing with a magnifying glass. I'd put it up to his ears and say, "What big ears you have!" Same thing with nose, mouth, hands, etc. The game had the kids in stitches and Brady was pointing out things he wanted me to look at through the magnifying glass. "My bottom!" he said and the kids laughed when I told him what a big bottom he had.
You may see where this story is going and yes, it went there. The game quickly ended when a certain body part was suggested. Chloe's mom and I did not play it cool....we were dying of laughter, of course. Which prompted Chloe, who was clueless and hasn't learned the correct name of the male anatomy, kept yelling about "peanuts." Brady joined in (I don't think he understood why they started talking about food all the sudden) and with the game ending, I thought this was a good opportunity for the kids to eat a snack.
I served them peanuts, of course.
I am laughing all over again, and am pretty sure I won't ever be able to eat peanuts again without thinking about this story (or the make anatomy).
ReplyDeletemale...male anatomy
ReplyDelete