Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Memorial Day

We went to Wilmington for Memorial Day weekend.  We stayed the same place we did two years ago, when my unbelief in ghosts was tested.  No paranormal activity this time, just non stop action with the kids.

I have a husband who likes to GO.  So while the weekend did have its relaxing moments, it was busy.  While Jackson's sleeping was predictably terrible, it was predictable, at least.   He woke up 3 times each night and it allowed me to see the most amazing sunrise at 5:30 one morning.  Unfortunately, I was so out of it that my eyes struggled to stay open, and I wish now I'd had the wherewithal to grab my camera.

Do not fear, I had it the rest of the weekend and used it!  So many photo opportunities on the beautiful property.






 


 Yes, we brought the big slide to the beach.  My husband loves to travel and he is also a packer extraordinaire.  I think he thinks he's cheating if he doesn't use every inch of the Suburban's trunk space.

We also hit up the beach and a friend's pool.  Brady has two great fears in life: the ocean and dogs.  He conquered one of those fears this weekend.  The first day, he was terrified that the ocean would "get him," even if he was 50 yards away.  He wanted to go home.  Of course, when it was time to go home an hour later, he loved the ocean and wanted to stay!  Pretty standard toddler behavior.



 

 




Jackson's still figuring out the watermelon thing.

Another thing he's figuring out?  Walking!  Jackson took his first steps on Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment