passed, you've seen a bit off the past days. Your sleeping has been horrible, but since its usually just a step or two down from horrible, that didn't raise any red flags. Until last night which I admittedly (and ashamedly) punched a wall. The wall and my hand are both ok, if you were wondering, but you, sweet boy, were screaming in your crib, not wanting to be held or rocked, but certainly not wanting to sleep.
Hard to blame you, since the doctor looked in your ears today and declared you had a raging double ear infection. You've had a few rough patches this year, but you are one tough cookie.
You're an adventurous creature and generally like doing things you're not supposed to be doing. If we leave the baby gate cracked an inch, you will see it and make a beeline to the stairs. If I make it to the gate before you do and shut it, you won't hesitate to let everyone know how you feel about it. And if I'm too slow, you'll proudly turn around and grin as you expertly climb up the stairs.
Same goes for bathroom doors and the dishwasher....heaven forbid a door gets shut before you can reach it. But if a bathroom door is left ajar, be assured that half the toilet paper roll will be on the floor. And the silverwear will be thrown around the kitchen if I don't keep a good eye on the dishwasher. Other things you enjoy: standing on chairs, eating food off the ground, grabbing plates and drinks off tables (you have amazing dexterity) and banging your head on the ground.
Quirks and sickness aside, you're generally very happy kid and you love to play with your big brother. He makes you laugh like nobody else can and there is nothing that makes me happier than when you two are playing by yourselves and I hear uncontrollable giggles coming from whatever room you two are in. It is better even than the sounds of silence during naptime. And that's hard to beat.
Jackson, you've found your place within our family and your mom's heart. I love you more than you can ever know.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment