Brady's love (and odd preferences) for clothes has been well documented on this blog.
Yesterday morning, after a lazy beginning of our day in bed, I told Brady we needed to get moving to get dressed and have breakfast so we weren't late for preschool. "I'm out of gas," he told me as we walked into his room. I laughed and didn't think much of it until I asked him what he wanted to wear to school. "You pick it out, Mommy," he said groggily.
Ok, now I know something is wrong. Brady, the boy who always has a preference about what he wears, is letting me pick out his clothes. Much to my surprise, he agreed to put on the clothes I picked. Actually, he wouldn't put them on himself as he usually does, he asked me to do it for him while he basically laid on the floor like a dead fish. I checked his forehead and he did, in fact, have a fever. 10 minutes later (at 8 am), he was fast asleep in his bed.
The good news was that he woke up 15 minutes later, ready for breakfast, and wanting to change clothes. Yes, I knew he must be feeling better.
This child is also amazingly perceptive about other people's clothing. He can tell you the color of the jerseys that the Sharks team wore when he played them in soccer (weeks later). Today, Eric came in during the boys' naps to change from his work clothes into casual clothes before driving to Charlotte for the Hornets game tonight. Brady was fast asleep, so he didn't see him.
Brady came into my bedroom after his nap and asked if daddy was home. I told him no, that he was still working (partial truth... he's at the game for work purposes), not wanting to go into details about how he was going to a basketball game without Brady. I'd underestimated Brady's sleuthing abilities and he called me out and pointing down said, "No mommy, daddy's work shoes are right here." Sure enough, Brady had spotted the shoes Eric was wearing to work this morning and he connected the dots.
If his career as a fashion designer doesn't pan out, he has a future in detective work.
No comments:
Post a Comment