Its been quite the month...and you are quite the trooper. We abandoned you yet again in the loving care of your grandparents. They are too polite to say exactly this, but I think you were a bit of a problem. The trouble is you are older, smarter, and know what you want. Unfortunately, what you seem to want is me. All the time. And I'm flattered and I love you, but really, sometimes I need a break. I think the picture below sums up how you feel about July.
You are a particular little creature and its funny getting to know you. For instance, you LOVE the bathroom sink. I can sit you in the sink and you'll gnaw on a toothbrush and be totally content. If I'm holding you in a bathroom and you spy the sink, you will push away from my body so hard lunging for the sink. But the moment I try to move you from the sink you flip out. So...things I can do easily with you 1) Brush my teeth (though I have to spit in the other sink). 2) Put on makeup 3) Put on deodorant. Things I can't do easily with you. 1) Everything else. Maybe I need to extend my 3 minute makeup routine.
unrolled thanks to you. You love to eat and are one of the "hangriest" babies I know. Seriously, if its near a meal time and you've yet to be fed, watch out. Which is hard is I'm actually trying to
You have six teeth and I'm hoping your attitude lately has been due to a few more trying to come in. You were doing pretty good in the sleeping department, sometimes just waking up one time a night. And last night you woke up four or five times, I lost count. You generally wake up before 6 am, and that is usually dad duty. I appreciate being able to go back to sleep, except I have mom ears and they are particularly sensitive to your shrieks which ring throughout our house.
Your brothers still adore you, and you love them back. Sometimes when you're waking up from your naps and they reach your room before I do, I walk in to find three kids in one crib. And all three of you have giant smiles on your faces. Tonight, in a rare moment when you weren't clinging on to me, your dad walked into the room to find that your brothers were bouncing a ball off your head. Literally. And you just took it.
Thanks for taking it every day, all of us. We are so glad you're in our family.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment