Thursday, July 7, 2016

Pictures in Paradise

Um, have I mentioned how amazing our trip was?   I'm just going to let the pictures do most of the talking.
 
 

 
 

 
 
 

 

 


 

Eric and I attempted to surf. We paddled for about 10 minutes and turned around to discover we were the same distance from the beach as when we started. The waves were wicked and we like to think we just went at a bad time, rather than the other option that we're just really bad/weak.

 
Yes, even in Costa Rica Eric waves to strangers.

 
Since we weren't able to take the helicopter into Florblanca, our kind friend set it up so that we would take a chopper into the airport. Let's start by saying that this was the most convenient thing imaginable. It was a 5 minute drive followed by a 40 minute helicopter ride to San Jose. By land, it would take over 5 hours, two of those hours being on a ferry and the other ones being on roads that made me very happy I don't get carsick.  Even via the charter flight we had planned on taking would have required a 45 minute drive. But beyond convenience, it was the most breathtaking experience. I mean, check out our takeoff.




 

 

The bigger island used to home to a prison similar to Alcatraz.  Yes, sir, if you kill that guy, we will ship you off to the most beautiful island you've ever seen and you will live there forever.

Talk about checking things off of my bucket list. I got to check things that I didn't even know were on the list including staying in a villa, riding on a helicopter, ziplining through the jungle, horseback riding on the beach. It was a trip of a lifetime and I have only three reasons why I'm not totally depressed to return home.

 

Sure did miss these rascals.

No comments:

Post a Comment