Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Real life

After many days of vacation, real life came pretty quick. Pretty amazing that one evening I'm watching the most beautiful sunset sipping an amazingly delicious mojito in an exotic country and the next time....well, I'm noticibly not doing that.  But as unexciting as real life is, it is good to be back with the routine with my kids.

So what's new in real life?  Well, after I returned home, Avery was sure that I pay all debts accrued in my absence.  She was Clingy with a capital C. Not only could I not go out of the room, I could not go beyond her touch her she would flip. She is definitely still going through a clingy stage, but it is not quite as severe as the first few days. 


When I'm not attached to Avery, I'm painting.  Business is good and I've been trying to catch up/keep up with orders.  I just received my 100th sale on Etsy yesterday! When I opened my Etsy store less than one year ago, I couldn't have fathomed that. I probably would have taken more than 5 minutes it took to whip up my logo.  As always, time is my enemy, but I'm so thankful to have found a creative outlet that I love. Here are a few of my favorites lately.


 
 
 
 

 

 

 
 
 
In other news, Jackson is paci-free!!  It started two days ago at breakfast when he asked to go to Chuck E Cheese (because what else do you do on a Sunday morning).  I knew it was time to give up the pacis, so I suggested we gather all of them to give to babies who didn't have them, and after he gave up all the pacis, we could go to Chuck E Cheese. We put them in the mailbox for the mailman to deliver to the babies.  We had some major rough spots before church and after lunch...and I realized skipping the nap would work to my advantage now and later. I braced myself for bedtime, but he didn't even ask for it. I was blown away.



Jackson came running downstairs yesterday afternoon because he found a paci on our third floor. He didn't pop it in his mouth as I would have predicted, but handed it to me and told me I should call the mailman.

Have I mentioned how much I love this kid?

Other than that, just enjoying summer!  We did backyard baseball today.

 

 

That's Avery and Jackson lapping up the water.

We've done some swimming!

 

 

Some sleeping.

 

Some hanging out with friends.

 

Yes, real life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment