![]() |
| Young Eric after being informed that Christmas had been moved back. |
Monday, May 16, 2011
Yes, I'm still here
This has become my standard response to my well-intentioned co-workers' inquiries as I show up for work each morning. Rolling into work this Monday morning seemed especially brutal as another full week of all work and no baby seemed to be a real possibility. Physically, I feel great and I am happy that I can continue working. Mentally, my state isn't quite as stable (although not suprisingly, better than my husband's). Before I was pregnant and even while I was pregnant, I would hear about people who were a week or so late and to me, a week didn't seem like a very long time. Once my due date hit, time slowed and a week seems longer just 7 days. It's 604,800 seconds. Eric says having this late baby is like waking up on December 25th and then having someone tell you that Christmas has been moved back to January.
While a delayed Christmas is indeed depressing, it is better than a cancelled Christmas! We went to the doctor Friday afternoon and again this morning and we are counting our blessings that everything is looking good and healthy with Baby Hoots. We have more pictures of Baby Hoots in utero than we know what to do with and we're looking forward to using a real camera to snap a few pics. Full moon tomorrow, so maybe that'll be the day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Amy, I feel your pain! Tierney was 9 days late, and seriously, each one of those days felt like a freaking month. Rest assured, Baby Hoots will be worth it, though you may want to ground him immediately upon his arrival!!! -- Anna
ReplyDeleteAmy, Lindsay was 15 days late and Nick was 5! Both were "well-cooked" babies that ate and slept well. There are some benefits to being a little late! Can't be long now......
ReplyDelete