Thursday, June 9, 2011

Naked sweaty baby

Last week, we hired a photographer to take some newborn pictures of Brady.  I had found Melissa Tsao online and after booking our session, she sent me instructions on how to prepare.  She likes her babies naked, sleepy, and warm.  Easy enough...just take off his clothes, turn off the AC, feed him, and good to go, right?  Melissa came at 10:30 am and the first thing we did was open the windows while she set up her "studio" in our family room.  Then she pulled out her space heater.  Did I mention it was 95 degrees outside that day?  We stripped Brady down and tried to put him to sleep.  Of course, my child, who usually sleeps all day, was wide-eyed as can be as his mom and dad stared at him and tried to will him to sleep.  She did a few "awake" poses and then he ate and we eventually got him to sleep...for a bit.  While it seems counter intuitive to want your model asleep, the key photographic advantage to a sleeping baby is that you can contort them into all sorts of adorable positions. The key disadvantage to a naked baby is they are free to relieve themselves where ever they please with no means to contain their gifts. 

I'm not sure who was more mad at me, my baby or my husband, who had to be toweled off during his modeling scene (and at this point, it was difficult to find anything that hadn't yet been peed on).  I told him beauty is pain but the old adage didn't seem to inspire him. 
 


Clearly, he is not watching enough America's Next Top Model.  After 5 1/2 hours in our 87 degree house (I think her average photo shoot is 3 hours), I was left with a sweaty baby, an ill husband, but I think you'll agree, some adorable pictures!  Our photographer was great and I highly recommend her to anyone with a newborn.  Compared to others in her field, she is reasonably priced and does a fantastic job.  The patience required to do her job, (especially on this particular day) is quite impressive!  Click here to see more pictures of Brady on her blog.

1 comment:

  1. Where can we see more beautiful pictures of sweet Brady Hoots?

    ReplyDelete