We headed upstairs around 11 after Brady's feeding and at the end of the 3rd quarter of the Mavs/Heat game. Eric changed Brady and put him down in his sleeper which is next to our bed. Brady did not sleep. We watched the incredible end of the basketball game and then Eric took Brady into his nursery to see if he would sleep in his crib and give me an hour or so of sleep before he needed to be fed again. Eric set up camp in the nursery.
I got a solid hour of sleep before Eric brought Brady in for his 1 am feeding. Eric was off duty and slept until morning. Brady, on the other hand, slept minimally from 1 - 6. I would rock him until I was convinced he was fast asleep and would try to lay him down ever so gently. Sometimes, those blue eyes that are so beautiful during the day would snap open like someone just yelled "Free milk!" and then the fussing would begin. Worse than that though, are the times I would put him down and listen to the beautiful sound of his rhythmic snores. I'd close my eyes, give myself an imaginary pat on the back (too sleepy for a real one) and begin to drift off to the beautiful land they call Sleep. About this time, Brady would snap out of it and remember that Sleep wasn't a place he was supposed to go at night and if he couldn't go, neither could I.
| Eric's bed |
There were some feedings and diaper changes in that 5 hour stretch, but honestly, I don't know how many or how much I actually slept. My husband did get some evil stares envious glances tossed his way throughout the night, although he was comatose so I don't think they affected him much. Not sure if was more annoyed or impressed that he could sleep through it all. He did get up to change Brady before he went to work around 8. We knew he needed to be changed since Brady actually woke himself up with one of his farts and gave his parents a fit of laughter. Brady sensed that dad missed out on the excitement of the night, so he waited until the dirty diaper came off and decided on a re-do, pooping all over the changing table. Mom may or may not have been laughing to herself when she heard dad's cries from the other room.
Not to worry, your dad will assist you all night during our upcoming visit! Maybe Eric will enjoy sleeping in the dorms after all....
ReplyDelete