2011 is almost under our belts and to ring in the New Year, I thought I'd reflect on the year and share some of my revelations from 2011.
1. My husband is exempt from the rule about not waking a sleeping baby.
2. I liked my old job....but not that much.
3. Stories in the news about parents who hurt their children are even more unfathomable after having a child of my own.
4. Alarm clocks are useless and unnecessary.
5. There is nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby
6. Women are not responsible for what they say in the delivery room...and apparently neither are husbands (remember Eric's promise? Yeah, he forgot, too).
7. Changing your own child's diaper really isn't that bad...unless that child only goes once a week.
8. There are lots of useless baby gear on the market. The bouncy seat that hangs in the doorway is not one of them. Thanks to it, and to my neighbor who passed it on to us, (thanks Scarlet!) I shower regularly.
9. It is not possible to will a baby to sleep.
9b. Whoever coined the term "sleeping like a baby" either wasn't a parent or they fed their baby opiates.
10. Post-baby, when you do stupid things, instead of blaming it on the color of your hair, you can blame it on lack of sleep and you'll get a free pass.
11. Life doesn't end when you have a baby (as some will lead you to believe), it begins.
It will be hard to top 2011, but I'm hoping for good things in 2012. Happy New Year!
All of these are so true!
ReplyDelete