Brady and I had an exciting Saturday followed by a relaxing Sunday. Saturday, we flew out of Chapel Hill Airport at 8 am bound for Kentucky to watch the Tar Heels play. Eric and I were discussing the other day about how the biggest luxury in life is to own your own plane. We're a few dollars short of that goal, but we will certainly settle for the second best thing...knowing someone who owns one.
 |
| Hey mom, can we get one of these for Christmas? |
The trip was a breeze. Conveniently, there is a hotel connected to Rupp Arena, so we arrived and went up to Eric's room. We got to say hello to him before he left for the game and Brady (and myself) took a nap. Brady and I walked to the arena around 11:30, and as I handed the ticket-taker my ticket, she looked at Brady and asked me where his ticket was. I was waiting for a "haha, just kidding" to follow, but she was very serious (as serious as an old lady in a blue Santa hat could be). I thought almost every arena in America had an under 2 free rule, but apparently, not so in Lexington.
Hmm, that's a problem. #1 Kentucky vs. #5 UNC, not exactly a ticket you can go buy at the ticket window. Is Brady big enough to fit in my diaper bag? Can I smuggle him in in my coat?
Luckily, I went to player-guest will call and one of the parents found out they couldn't come last minute. So it turns out, I didn't have to leave him alone in the hotel room.
The game was awesome, as was the atmosphere. Brady seemed to enjoy all the lights and action, although I'm glad we had some earplugs for him, because the place was loud. We made it back to Chapel Hill before dinnertime, and we were only two points away from making it a perfect trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment