My good friend, Shelby, came over for brunch on Friday morning. She is from Iowa, but I met her in North Carolina, of all places. She was my first roommate but I knew little about her before moving in with her when I first moved to NC. This was before facebook was big, so I didn't have adequate time to stalk her. I just knew her name was Shelby and she lived on a farm in Iowa...expectations were low, but she definitely exceeded them. She now back on a farm in Iowa and has a sweet 1 year old named Thomas. He joined the circus that was our house and fit right in!
It didn't snow in Iowa, but that didn't stop us from dressing up Brady in his snow gear.
Getting 3 kids under 2 in a photo is no easy feat.
It seems that Brady has a good memory. Back in August, Leo took advantage of Brady's docile nature showed him who the older cousin was.
Brady was a little less passive this time and decided Leo was due for a little payback.
After eating Leo's head (I told you he liked hair), he hit him where it really hurt. Steal the pacifier, suffer the consequences.
Actually, the cousins got along great. Leo and Emma had fun running around chasing each other. Emma, who is refreshingly honest, didn't have much use for Brady. Leo paid him a little more attention.
The day after Christmas, we decided to go ice skating. When I asked Eric if he was any good at ice skating, his response was, "I'm an athlete."
| Athleticism at its finest |
I really wish we had video evidence, because this picture doesn't do him justice. Eric's legs were sore afterwards from skating running on ice and my stomach was sore from laughing.
Luckily for Eric, my dad is also very "athletic" so he had someone to hug the guardrail with.
A post wouldn't not be complete without discussions of Brady's bathroom habits. Lucky for you, no visuals will be included. Brady and I got very familiar with airport changing stations on the way out to Iowa. By the time we arrived in Des Moines, he had nothing left and it took him a few days to reload. Before we were headed out to the airport on Monday evening, he relieved himself. Then, we're on the airplane heading out...seat belts on, electronic devices off, poor Brady got as red as Rudolph's nose. Eric made the quick decision to take Brady back and change him in the spacious airplane bathroom, risking ridicule from other patients as he threatened to delay take-off time. Crisis averted. We landed about an hour later in Chicago and I smelled something a little foul. It was very difficult to determine if Brady had gone again, because the passenger in front of us smelled worse than Brady's butt on his worst day. They keep implementing these fancy screening measures and I don't think it would be too much to suggest that passengers should have to pass a smell test to pass through security. Anyway, we had to sit on the runway in Chicago for almost 45 minutes. Brady was sleeping peacefully and I knew there would be no going back if we decided to change him again. So, lucky mom, I got to sit on the runway with a smelly baby on my lap and smelly passenger in front of me.
Stinky people aside, the trip to Iowa was wonderful. Last year on Christmas, we found out Brady was going to be a boy. This year, we got to spend Christmas with that boy, which is the best gift I could have asked for.
We miss you guys! So good to see you.
ReplyDelete