It's my birthday today. If you're my friend on facebook, you probably know that. How did people keep track of birthdays before facebook? These days, when I remember my friends' birthdays without the help of facebook, I almost feel like I need to make a point to tell them I didn't need facebook's help to remember their big day. I feel like they wouldn't believe me anyway.
Anyway, it was a great birthday. Brady wanted to be the first to ring in my 29th year, so he sang to me at 1 am. Then he sang another song around 4. And then 5. And then 6:15. At which time the birthday song grew tiresome and I gave him to dad while I went to the guest bedroom and slept blissfully until 7:45, at which time Eric and Brady came in to give me my birthday presents. I could hardly open my left eye, but Brady gave me a nice card and Eric gave me a hour-long massage and hour-long facial*. Thank you Eric, and thank you Living Social.
Dad dressed Brady this morning in a nice, never-been-worn, white outfit. You know what that means, right? Around 9 am, Brady christened the outfit and gave mom a nice birthday surprise. As I was undressing Brady and changing his diaper, my friend Erin called me on her way to work. I talked to her as I changed Brady and as I was feeding him, the doorbell rang. I wondered aloud who would ring at an early hour and Erin suggested perhaps a birthday package? I hopefully agreed and went back to feeding/talking. The doorbell rang again twice in a row at which time I decided it was time to hang up and investigate. I was still wearing my "pajamas" (a tank top) and my child was wearing only a diaper. So I cut breakfast short for Brady, put on some shorts (Brady was still unclothed), and went outside to see what was so important (looking like a true stay-at-home, never-leave-the-house, never-shower, mom). There were some men who wanted to park their very large moving truck along the curb and wanted me to move my car. When given the choice between handing over my child or my keys, I handed over the latter, and had the mover move my car for me. I might be more annoyed, except the moving truck being in front of our house meant the house next to us that was on the market approximately 78 months has now sold, which is a positive. Disappointed you missed you chance to be our neighbor? Do not fear, you can still live two houses down from us. Or seven. Basically, if you want to live near us, I can make it happen. And I'll even throw in free babysitting for Brady. Yes, you'll be the babysitter...generous I know.
A nice day at Bed Bath & Beyond, Armadillo Grill, the office, the mall, and a delicious dinner at Bin 54 (where we ate the night we got engaged) followed. Erin reminded me today that when she called me last year to wish me a happy birthday, I told her I was pregnant. 365 days doesn't seem like so long, but woah, what a year can bring. I've lived a good 29 and am looking forward to 30.
*I just re-read this and realized it might appear that from 7:45-9:45 Eric pampered me in the guest bedroom with a massage and facial. I hope I'm not the only one laughing at that thought.
OK, make up your mind. Do you want dad and I to live on your block or not? This is confusing.......
ReplyDelete