Friday, September 30, 2011

This week in pictures

We were in Greensboro last weekend so Brady got to see his friend Kylie again.  Brady was only about a month old when they first met.  He was on his game this time, showing off his feet and gently caressing Kylie's arm.  Luckily, Kylie's daddy Anthony wasn't there with his shotgun.

After we visited Kylie, we headed to Winston-Salem so Brady could meet his great-grandmother.  He certainly hammed it up for her and was giggling and laughing while she was holding him.  She has pretty advanced Alzheimers and so we were pleasantly surprised to hear that the next day, she called Eric's dad and told him how cute the baby was that came to see her.  She wanted to know who his parents were and if they'd be coming back with the baby! 

According to my extensive research (the first two results of my google search), it appears that cows, fish, and snakes all sleep with their eyes open.  Add Brady to that list.  Unfortunately, google just revealed, "Some individuals, especially children, can and do truly sleep with their eyes open, but this is considered a symptom of a sleep-related problem, and not a good thing."  Hmm, I just thought it was funny and now apparently we have a problem.  Dang you, Internet.

Speaking of sleeping, (and at the risk of jinxing it), Brady is doing much better now that he can roll over to his tummy.  My last set of pictures clearly showed that he was craning to flip over when he went to sleep, and now that he can, he's a much happier camper.  He went almost five hours without waking the other night.  Excuse me while I go find some wood to knock on.

You can call me many things but crafty I am not.  Which is why I am proud of the "toy box" I made.  This was inspired by the increasing amount of stuff our child has and the large volume of diapers that were delivered to our house.  So combine the two and you have a toy box made out of a diaper box.  I plan to use a stencil of sorts to label the box at some point, but for now, I will bask in the glory of doing something crafty, however basic it might be.  Taking a picture of just the box produced mediocre results...throw a kid in there and the photo opportunities were endless. 


 What happened to my little baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment