You're 10 months old today. Double digits! I remember when you were a newborn and I'd see friends with old babies like you are now, and I couldn't quite imagine my little helpless baby morphing into a toddler-to-be. But here you, a little boy with growing independence.
Your curiosity is amusing and your determination is impressive. This morning while I was getting ready, you were trying to open the bottom drawer in our bathroom. You'd done it before, so you knew it was possible. This time, though, my leg was holding it shut. You didn't get mad or cry because it didn't open, you just tried harder. And then tried from a different angle. And as the stray shampoo bottle lying on the floor distracted you for a few moments, I thought you'd finally given up. But then you came back and tried again.
As much as I'd love you to stay under 1 year old your whole life, I can't tell you how happy I am that we only have 2 calender photo sessions left. Today's took about 10 minutes, which was 9 minutes too long. I was sweating by the end. Getting you to sit still on a calender is a joke. The good news for both of us is that the calender will be destroyed after May...no 13-month shots in your future.
Despite not wanting to sit still, you're so laid back, and I'm not sure who you get that trait from. You're active and excitable, but you're also content and not easily upset. You like people, and I do know who you get that from (hint: it's not me). Seeing you with other kids cracks me up. Oftentimes, you're really into them even though they don't always know you exist (or wish you didn't). When we're in public places, your excited face always tells me when someone is smiling or making faces at you behind me.
I love you more than a Skinny Extra-hot Caramel Macchiato. Remember that.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment