Wednesday, March 30, 2016

And we're off!

We are currently flying 3,000 feet above the earth. Destination: Houston, Texas.  Mission: win the Final Four and survive six nights in a hotel room with my children. To give you a live play-by-play, Brady just screamed loudly at Jackson, "Just push it once!!"  Referring to the iPad. Because headphones make you scream and everyone around you laugh.  The boys don't usually get to watch or play on iPads, so for the last two hours, they've been soaking it up. I'm seeing Barbie right now as I peer over their shoulders (thank you, Sean May, for your daughter's iPad). And Eric is knocked out.



Avery is also asleep. And speaking of, since their is always something to be said about that, I truly don't believe Avery has slept for more than 2 hours uninterrupted in over a week. I took her to the doctor yesterday because I was convinced the ear infection she had never cleared up.  Anyone else ever gone to the doctor hoping for an ear infection because the alternative (that she perfectly fine night terror) is difficult to swallow? Anyway, the good/bad news is no infection, though there is fluid in her ears which may be causing discomfort.

But back to the trip, the boys are super excited to get to go on a bus, a plane, and end up at a hotel tonight. We are flying on the team plane, but since their are so many kids traveling, we get a family bus. I remember traveling when Jackson was a baby and we had just lost to Iowa State and had to fly home that night after the game. You could hear a pin drop on the bus to the airport, and I just prayed Jackson would stay asleep (which he did).  Don't have to worry about that this time!



The boys got dressed up for the plane just like daddy and the players. Glad we got some double use out of their Easter clothes. I'm not big into dressing them the same, or dressing them like frat boys, but they do look cute!








And Avery just started sitting up! Just in time for the trip. The boys had lots of fun counting to see how long she could stay up.

 

We've started out decent...time to peel the boys away from Barbie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment