Ok, I kid, I kid. These are the days, I know. I actually do love them, in theory. In actuality, they are mostly good and always exhausting. Like last night, knowing how much the boys loved staying in the hotel in DC, I planned for us to stay in Eric's Raleigh hotel on Thursday night. First of all, you'd think the Heels playing locally would mean a present father, but the team left Chapel Hill on Tuesday and will not return until Sunday. So, in order that the boys could actually see their father other than FaceTime, we left Thursday after preschool for the hotel and hung there before the 7:30 game. On Monday night, after doing two loads of laundry and packing for four people (oh, and cooking for 3, cleaning up after all, bathing 3 and putting all to bed), I collapsed in a heap. But then had to pull myself together to deal with the daughter who laughs at sleep. But I digress... packing for one night in a hotel took more time than I anticipated. But it was fun and the pool was a hit.
Oh, and we took naps! Naps! Coordinating three naps happens about never and its worth noting when it does.
Don't ask why Avery has no clothes on, but Brady's fetish with heads continues. As does is thumb sucking (despite the disgusting stuff on his thumb).
Heels win, we made it back to the hotel and I crushed some shrimp tacos, pizza, and fruit that Eric brought back to me at 11 pm after the kids were finally asleep. I feel like my kids are hungry always, and I think they get it from me.
We headed back to Chapel Hill Friday and I didn't feel well after lunch. Nothing is worse than parenting when you don't feel good. Except parenting another sick child when you don't feel good. 2pm Friday marked Avery's first vomit of her life. And it was quite a lot of vomit, like seriously it kept coming (and it came from nowhere). But, she seemed to feel pretty good after her pukefest, and I started feeling better, so we got out of the house and went to the men's tennis match, where we had our own match. These boys could not get enough of me feeding them balls and thankfully, Avery cooperated and slept so that I could.
Tonight the Heels play for a trip to go to the Sweet 16. At 9:40! (!!!!) And sadly, it probably won't even start on time. Want to know what I'm usually doing at 9"40? Getting ready to head to bed, if I'm not already there. And want to know what I'm normally doing at 8:30 when my babysitter is coming tonight? Enjoying my favorite time of the day, doing anything I want to do, which is usually very little. The good news is the boys both took good naps today so I have decided to boycott bedtime and let the babysitter deal with them. I mean, I'd hate for her not to earn her money. Which, by the way, is not $30 per hour -- I'm now feeling like the $15 per hour we pay her is a bargain. But I will pay for this game in other ways tomorrow!
We better win....




No comments:
Post a Comment