Thursday, March 31, 2016

Houston, only one problem (my 3 kids!)

Oh, hello, me again. I go from blogging maybe once a week to attacking you almost daily with updates.  The biggest difference?  Well, hotel rooms, mostly.  And lack of a painting area in them.  When the kids go to bed, I have limited options and at home this is usually my painting time.

I'm fairly exhausted but need a little downtime sans kids before I cash out.  Let me pick up where I left off on the plane last night. So, we turn off Barbie, land the plane (why oh why do they have to turn on the lights and blast their voices thru the loud speaker), and we exit the plane to a very Texan, very American welcome.  American flags, vets, and fighter jets were lined up to greet the team.  Apparently we were the last team to arrive, but the servicemen were still in good spirits and Brady tried to high five all of them.  




We got on the bus and it was a 30 minute drive from the airport to the hotel.  100% of our kids fell asleep, which sounds great in theory, terrible in reality.  Here are the things we needed to get up to the hotel:

-3 sleeping kids
-3 large bags
-1 car seat
-1 stroller
-2 carry on bags
-1 diaper bag
-3 (?) random bags that Eric is responsible for that have something to do with the team
-2 adults

Brady rallied and walked through the crazy welcome that the Tar Heels received.  Jackson and Avery woke up through the chaos that was the welcoming committee, but still needed to be strolled/carried.  We arrived in our hotel room, the boys told me they were hungry (probably because dinner was 6 hours ago) and I attempted to feed children and get them into bed.  Meanwhile, Eric has gone back to get the rest of our bags and I am basically convincing our kids to sleep in their underwear.  And the wrench in the whole deal is that we are supposed to have adjoining rooms, but we have two rooms un-adjoining. So Eric brings in bags and goes to "snack" (which is a meal), and leaves me with putting to sleep three kids.  But then busts in 10 minutes later, right after kids are in bed, with a bellman and informs me that we are moving from the third floor to the ninth floor!  Ok, let's go!

Goodness, we were a sight to see.  Kids half-dressed with no shoes, me in my PJs pushing a stroller, followed by a bellman hauling our bags which have been half unpacked, then repacked, Eric rolling the crib which has no baby in it but lots of random stuff (like all the dirty clothes we'd taken off), down the Hilton hallway.  And then, "thank hun, sorry hun, I gotta run!" poof!  he's off again!

But everyone eventually got to sleep and man, an adjoining room is life (trip) changing and worth all the hassle. The rooms are roomier anyway so two of these and it is heaven.  Marcus Paige's girlfriend who doubles as our babysitter is coming tomorrow night to take over the second room with intentions of helping out on the babysitting front.  Hurray!  I needed her today as Eric was gone from morning until evening. 

Brady woke at 6 am and Jackson and Avery quickly followed at 6:30.  Did I mention they went to bed at midnight?  We declined an afternoon zoo invitation smartly, because both were asleep by 11:30.  Both slept nearly 3 hours, which was heaven.  We made 4 trips to the pool, starting at 8 am with no swimming suits and ending around 6 because they heard their friends were there.



I'll end with a video of Jackson.  If I haven't mentioned, I adore Jackson and everything about him.  Here's a typical convo, hotel style.

2 comments:

  1. I could listed to Jackson chat all day! So precious! Love how he says Virginia!
    Go Heels! Bring it home tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable! "But I like loud..."

    ReplyDelete