Avery and I had a great trip to Philly. I put a ton of miles on our stroller.... we walked everywhere. And ran a few places too. However, that city might be the least handicap/stroller friendly city in America. First, their are the cobblestone roads which are beautiful, but bumpy. Their are the super old buildings that are also beautiful, but don't have any ramps so navigating the stroller up steps was an adventure. One of the other coaches wives and I went to get our nails done on afternoon in a second story salon. Not only were their no elevators, but the stairs were very steep.
Avery did great at the games. The first game was at 10pm on Friday night. We went to half of the game before ours and in the almost four hours were there, Avery might have slept 45 minutes. Keep in mind at home she would be completely asleep during that time. She zonked out on the bus ride home and got back to the hotel at 1:15. I changed her, fed her,
and looked into these eyes the next 45 minutes. So frustratingly cute.
So 2am bedtime means she'll sleep in, right? She woke at 6:45 for good (with one or two other wake ups in between). It was cold that morning so Avery and me and my coffee hung out in the lobby.
Yesterday was Eater and Avery hit two services. Eric took her to the sunrise service while I slept (actually, while I went back to bed...since I got up at 6 with her). Avery and I hit a later service while Eric went to breakfast with the team. How comical is is that they often have 11am "breakfast?"
She changed from her church clothes to her game gear and after a long day of waitin, we headed to the game!
Side note: I put Avery down at 7 tonight and she woke at 8. I just had to take a typing break to tend to her 2nd wake up at 10pm. And this is her own bed which should be better than the hotel. If I survive 6 more nights in a hotel with her and two other children, I deserve a bigger trophy than the one the Tar Heels will hopefully bring home.
I could go on, but frankly, I need sleep. I will leave you with my two favorite images of the weekend.








No comments:
Post a Comment