9 months old. You've finally been living in the outside world as long as you lived inside of me. Well actually, thanks to your 11 day late arrival, you're not quite there. You were quite comfortable in my stomach, and you seem quite comfortable in the this strange world as well. Your ability to adapt ito any situatiion is so good and is so much appreciated. You're happy at basketball games, in grocery stores, on airplanes, in cars, and in the arms of strangers (well, strangers to you...I generally don't give you away to people I don't know).
You're such a good mix between sweet and tough. You still love to cuddle in my arms and sleep on my chest, but you also love rough play and you're one tough cookie. If you bang your head, it doesn't phase you. The last time you got a shot at the doctor's office, the nurse was suprised when you didn't cry (but just gave her a dirty look). You're tough when you need to be, and sweet when I need you to be.
I've seen so many changes in you the past month and although I sometimes feel like we need to pump the breaks, it is so fun to watch you grow and learn. Doors and cabinets are a favorite of yours. Who knew opening and closing them could inspire such wonder? We laugh whenever you go up to a door or cabinet and try to open it from the hinge side. Seeing your little mind at work is amazing. We put you on the floor in the mornings while we get ready in the bathroom. When your dad gets in the shower you crawl over and pull back the shower curtain. The delight on your face when see your dad on the other side is priceless. You also love to pull up on things, particularly your crib. Gone are the nights when we would put you down in your crib and you would quickly pass out. Now that you can get up and stand, someone usually has to go up to remind you that in order to sleep, you must be lying down.
Brady, if I only got to hear one noise for the rest of my life, it would be your laughter, and I would die happy. Your dad loves laughing more than anyone I know and listening to him laugh at you laughing is as good as it gets. I hope you always love to laugh. There's a lot of things (and people) laugh at in our family (and extended families), so you shouldn't be short on material.
Thank you for blessing our lives each and every day.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment