It started with the peanut excitement on Friday. Dave and Claire came Friday night to help celebrate Brady's birthday (and help me prepare for it). We threw a big birthday bash on Sunday. As with most 1-year old birthday parties, it was as much a celebration for us for surviving the first year than for Brady. Although he was invited.
Sunday morning, we all went to church. One minute, I'm bowing my head for a prayer and the next Eric is poking me telling me Claire had to leave because she was sick. I gathered our goods and went out to find a pale Claire slumped in a chair after fainting. And Eric asking her if she knew her name. She did (eventually) and was fine.
The party went off without a hitch (separate pictures and post to come). Sort of like our wedding, I wouldn't change a thing, but I'd poke you in the eye you if you told me I had to plan another one of those anytime soon.
Yesterday was Brady's actual birthday. Here's him in the morning, enjoying Grandma and Grandpa Howe's birthday gift.
Here is Brady a few hours later.
Sweet, right? Yes, until you find out he has a 102 degree fever. After his afternoon nap, I picked him up and the poor kid was on fire. So we canceled our dinner plans and snuggled with our sick birthday boy. The only other time Brady has had a fever was on his 6-month birthday, caused by the shots he got at the doctor. At this rate, Brady's going to grow up hating his birthday.
He seemed a little better today, but still had a fever. He woke up from his afternoon nap hot and bothered once again. I found that showing him YouTube videos of himself cheered him up. He even clapped for himself when he saw himself make the basket in the bath. Hmm...love of self...which parent does that come from?
We fed him dinner, gave him a bath, and I had a little de ja vu as Brady broke out in a rash all over his face, exactly the same as he had when he ate peanut butter. I thought about what we gave him for dinner - as far as I knew Eric didn't slip him any peanuts and Brady had eaten all the food several times before. Then I felt his head and realized the fever had finally broke. I wondred if it might be the virus was leaving his body that caused him to break out. A quick internet search (thanks Google) confirmed that this is a frequent occurance. But it seems like an awfully strange coincidence that he had an identical reaction to two different things (peanut butter and a virus) in the same week. Any doctors/nurses out there?? Luckily, we go to Brady's one-year visit on Thursday. During past visits, the doctor would ask us if we had any questions...I'd rack my brain to come up with one just so I didn't seem like a neglectful mom. Gone are those days...we'll be bringing out the laundry list this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment