Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Note to self: check thesaurus for an alternative to "wait"

Earlier today, I was changing Brady on his changing table.  Lately, it has become clear to me why those tables comes with straps.  Seriously, for a 20 lb kid, he is quite adept at weaseling on to his stomach, then to his feet.  I feel like we're constantly engaged in a wrestling match and I'm trying to take him down to pin him on his back.  We shouldn't be in the same weight class, but let's just say he's talented enough to compete at a higher level.

So I'm faced with a particular messy diaper and as usual, as soon as the diaper comes off, Brady's writhing over, trying to escape and touch/grab everything close.  So I politely pleaded with him, "Please wait, Brady!"  And right on cue, he looked at me with those sweet eyes, raised his sweet hands, and started waving.

I melted, laughed...and then our match resumed.

No comments:

Post a Comment